Berlin: iOS Software Engineer (m/f)
GASTROFIX provides a revolutionary, cloud based POS (point of sale) system for Apple iPad covering the whole hospitality industry from small restaurants to entire hotel chains.
Our international team of 130 employees has sold 14,000+ highly reliable POS systems throughout Europe, managing over 3,6bn Euro turnover per year for our clients.
We are growing fast and looking for you on a full-time basis for our headquarter in Berlin.
- Delight our customers by improving and extending our successful POS App implemented for IOS platform
- Create new features and improve existing ones in Swift or Objective-C
- Be part of an excellent multicultural agile software development team
- Work closely with other teams to build product that meets growing hospitality market
- Implement automated test software in Swift, Objective-C and Python, and support our ongoing effort in improving our CI/CD workflows
- BSc / MSc in computer science or similar qualification, MSc preferred
- Strong software development skills in Swift
- In-depth knowledge of Core Data, Multithreading Apps, JSON, git
- Experience in building robust network applications based on RESTful API
- 2+ years of work experience in iOS software development for production-grade apps
- Experience of working in agile teams
- Interested in new technologies, looking beyond iOS platform
- Good conceptual understanding of software design and code beauty
- Enjoying working and communicating in a team
- Experience working with git version control
- Solid english skills
Optional skills and experience
- Be familiar with Test-Driven-Development (TDD)
- Have strong technical and problem solving skills
- Experience with Objective-C
- Fundamental IP network knowledge
- Up-to-date with modern software development Be familiar with continuous integration and delivery
What we are offering
- Competitive and attractive salary
- Paid relocation and VISA support including a free apartment for the first weeks (if needed)
- Occasional home office opportunity
- Different language courses in the office
- Nice office in the heart of Berlin near Alexanderplatz train station
MacBook Pro and a 27” screen and everything else you need to get the job done
- Goal oriented working style with great amount of flexibility and freedom
- Great coffee, free drinks, müsli and fruits
- Flat hierarchies, flexible working hours and agile working atmosphere
How to apply
Please send us your CV with your salary expectations and earliest possible start date via online form or e-mail to email@example.com.
What application process can you expect:
After an examination of your documents, we will invite you to a maximum of 2 Google Hangout Calls to check your technical and personal fit.
- First call with our Head of Development Tomasz and/or a senior team member of our iOS development team
- Second call with our CTO
In some cases, our HR team is checking some details about your application in a previous call with a maximum of 5 minutes.
More information about Gastrofix can be found at www.gastrofix.com.