Berlin: Senior iOS Software Engineer (m/f/d)
Gastrofix GmbH, headquartered in Berlin, was founded in 2011, currently employs 140 people and is represented in 7 countries. With over 15,000 licenses sold and a managed annual turnover of 4 billion euros, the iPad cash register system of the same name is one of the most successful in Europe. The cloud-based POS platform for digitizing the hospitality industry is fully offline capable and therefore particularly fail-safe. Thanks to its versatile additional modules such as branch administration, cash book or customer database, it is also suitable for medium-sized and large companies in the restaurant and hotel industry. With Gastrofix, the cash register becomes a digital control centre for efficient operation.
We are growing fast and looking for you on a full-time basis for our headquarter in Berlin.
- Delight our customers by improving and extending our successful POS App implemented for IOS platform
- Create new features and improve existing ones in Swift and Objective-C
- Be part of an excellent multicultural agile software development team
- Work closely with other teams to build product that meets growing hospitality market
- Implement automated test software in Swift, Objective-C and Python, and support our ongoing effort in improving our CI/CD workflows
- BSc / MSc in computer science or similar qualification, MSc preferred
- Strong software development skills in Swift and/or Objective-C
- In-depth knowledge of Core Data, Multithreading, Networking, JSON, git
- Experience in building robust network applications based on RESTful API
- 4+ years of work experience in iOS software development for production-grade apps
- Experience of working in agile teams in rather larger scale projects
- Be familiar with Test-Driven-Development (TDD)
- Great problem solving skills
- Interested in new technologies, looking beyond iOS platform
- Good conceptual understanding of software design and code beauty
- Enjoying working and communicating in a team
- Experience working with git version control
- Solid English skills
Optional skills and experience
- Have strong technical skills
- Experience in other programming languages
- Fundamental IP network knowledge
- Be familiar with continuous integration and delivery
- Up-to-date with modern software development
What we are offering
- Flat hierarchies, flexible working hours and agile working atmosphere
- Competitive and attractive salary
- Paid relocation: flight and 6 weeks accommodation (if needed)
- Support with VISA, work permit, bank account and insurance
- Occasional home office opportunity
MacBook Pro and a 27” screen and everything else you need to get the job done
- Different language courses in the office
- Nice office in the heart of Berlin near Alexanderplatz train station
- Goal oriented working style with great amount of flexibility and freedom
- Great coffee, free drinks, müsli and fruits
How to apply
Please send us your CV with your salary expectations and earliest possible start date via online form or e-mail to email@example.com.
What application process can you expect
After an examination of your documents, we will invite you to a maximum of 2 Google Hangout Calls to check your technical and personal fit.
- First call with our Head of Development Tomasz and/or a senior team member of our iOS development team
- Second call with our CTO.
In some cases, our HR team is checking some details about your application in a previous call with a maximum of 5 minutes.
More information about Gastrofix can be found at www.gastrofix.com.