Junior Data Scientist (m/w/d)
Gastrofix GmbH, headquartered in Berlin, was founded in 2011, currently employs 140 people and is represented in 7 countries. With over 15,000 licenses sold and a managed annual turnover of 4 billion euros, the iPad cash register system of the same name is one of the most successful in Europe. The cloud-based POS platform for digitizing the hospitality industry is fully offline capable and therefore particularly fail-safe. Thanks to its versatile additional modules such as branch administration, cash book or customer database, it is also suitable for medium-sized and large companies in the restaurant and hotel industry. With Gastrofix, the cash register becomes a digital control centre for efficient operation.
With expertise in different areas our tech team works on newest features and services to satisfy market needs and improve Gastrofix POS and Cloud. Multiple cross functional teams are responsible for technical solutions of high quality. To make sure, that every team meets the goal, we maintain test driven approach across whole tech department. With over 17 represented nationalities within the company, we focus on a steady growth culture.
Find us on Twitter: @tech_gastrofix
We are growing fast and looking for you on a full-time basis for our headquarter in Berlin.
- You will acquire data from primary data sources and maintain databases
- You will work with management to prioritize business needs and identify valuable data
- You will implement data collection systems, data analytics
- You will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions
- You want to exchange ideas effectively - we work as a team!
- You are not afraid of making decisions and can articulate your arguments
- You are eager to tackle all problems
- You are curious and willing to improve
- You are a lifetime learner who is not afraid to admit to a mistake
- BSc/MSc in computer science, math or similar qualification
- 1+ year of work experience as developer or data analyst
- Expert skills in SQL and database management
- As a plus: basic development skills in Python
- Ability to analyze, understand, and solve problems
- Attention to detail and an emphasis on quality rather than fast results
- Solid English skills
Optional skills and experience
- Knowledge of statistics
- Experience in visualization of complex data
What we are offering
- Competitive and attractive salary
- Paid relocation: flight and 6 weeks accommodation (if needed)
- Support with visa, work permit, bank account and insurance
- Occasional home office opportunity
- Different language courses in the office
- Nice office in the heart of Berlin near Alexanderplatz train station
- MacBook Pro and a 27” screen and everything else you need to get the job done
- Goal oriented working style with great amount of flexibility and freedom
- Great coffee, free drinks, müsli and fruits
- Flat hierarchies, flexible working hours and agile working atmosphere
How to apply
Please send us your CV with your salary expectations and earliest possible start date via online form.