Python Software Developer (m/f/d)
Gastrofix GmbH, headquartered in Berlin, was founded in 2011 and currently employs 140 people. With over 8,000 customers, the iPad cash register system of the same name is one of the most successful in Europe. With Gastrofix, the cash register becomes a digital control centre for efficient operation. Since 2020 Gastrofix GmbH belongs to the listed company Lightspeed POS Inc.
About Lightspeed POS Inc.
Lightspeed (TSX: LSPD) is a cloud-based commerce platform powering small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, it’s an all-in-one solution that helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favorite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has grown to over 900 employees, with offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
With expertise in different areas our tech team works on newest features and services to satisfy market needs and improve Gastrofix POS and Cloud. Multiple cross functional teams are responsible for technical solutions of high quality. To make sure, that every team meets the goal, we maintain test driven approach across whole tech department. With over 17 represented nationalities within the company, we focus on a steady growth culture.
Find us on Twitter: @tech_gastrofix
We are growing fast and looking for you on a full-time basis for our headquarter in Berlin.
- You will develop applications, services, and tools used across the company
- You will implement new microservices used in our scaled backend infrastructure
- You will develop new Python applications for the Raspberry-Pi platform
- You will improve the tests, frameworks, and tools used for testing iOS, web, and server applications
- You will contribute to the larger team by supporting our ongoing improvements in CI/CD and dev-ops
- You’re passionate about software development
- You want to exchange ideas effectively - we work as a team!
- You are not afraid of making decisions and can articulate your arguments
- You are eager to tackle all problems
- You are curious and willing to improve
- You are a lifetime learner who isn‘t afraid to admit to a mistake
- BSc/MSc in computer science or similar qualification
- 2+ years of work experience as a software engineer
- Strong development skills in Python
- Ability to analyze, understand, and solve problems
- Good understanding of testing fundamentals
- Attention to detail and an emphasis on quality rather than fast results
- Passion for software quality and user experience
- Experience in working with version control systems like git
- Solid English skills
Optional skills and experience
- Mastery of other programming languages (e.g. Java-Script, Swift, Objective-C)
- Experience in working with test-frameworks and tools (e.g. pytest, Selenium, Appium, Docker)
- Fundamental IP network knowledge
- Understanding of iOS mobile apps
What we are offering
- Competitive and attractive salary
- Paid relocation: flight and 6 weeks accommodation (if needed)
- Support with visa, work permit, bank account and insurance
- Public transport allowance
- Occasional home office opportunity
- Different language courses in the office
- Nice office in the heart of Berlin near Alexanderplatz train station
- MacBook Pro and a 27” screen and everything else you need to get the job done
- Goal oriented working style with great amount of flexibility and freedom
- Great coffee, free drinks, müsli and fruits
- Flat hierarchies, flexible working hours and agile working atmosphere
How to apply
Please send us your application with your salary expectations and earliest possible start date via online form.