Senior iOS Software Engineer (m/f/d)
Gastrofix GmbH, headquartered in Berlin, was founded in 2011 and currently employs 140 people. With over 8,000 customers, the iPad cash register system of the same name is one of the most successful in Europe. With Gastrofix, the cash register becomes a digital control centre for efficient operation. Since 2020 Gastrofix GmbH belongs to the listed company Lightspeed POS Inc.
About Lightspeed POS Inc.
Lightspeed (TSX: LSPD) is a cloud-based commerce platform powering small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, it’s an all-in-one solution that helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favorite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has grown to over 900 employees, with offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
With expertise in different areas our tech team works on newest features and services to satisfy market needs and improve Gastrofix POS and Cloud. Multiple cross functional teams are responsible for technical solutions of high quality. To make sure, that every team meets the goal, we maintain test driven approach across whole tech department. With over 17 represented nationalities within the company, we focus on a steady growth culture.
Find us on Twitter: @tech_gastrofix
We are growing fast and looking for you on a full-time basis for our headquarter in Berlin.
- Delight our customers by improving and extending our successful POS App implemented for IOS platform
- Create new features and improve existing ones in Swift and Objective-C
- Be part of an excellent multicultural agile software development team
- Work closely with other teams to build product that meets growing hospitality market
- Implement automated test software in Swift, Objective-C and Python, and support our ongoing effort in improving our CI/CD workflows
- BSc / MSc in computer science or similar qualification, MSc preferred
- Strong software development skills in Swift and/or Objective-C
- In-depth knowledge of Core Data, Multithreading, Networking, JSON, git
- Experience in building robust network applications based on RESTful API
- 4+ years of work experience in iOS software development for production-grade apps
- Experience of working in agile teams in rather larger scale projects
- Be familiar with Test-Driven-Development (TDD)
- Great problem solving skills
- Interested in new technologies, looking beyond iOS platform
- Good conceptual understanding of software design and code beauty
- Enjoying working and communicating in a team
- Experience working with git version control
- Solid English skills
Optional skills and experience
- Have strong technical skills
- Experience in other programming languages
- Fundamental IP network knowledge
- Be familiar with continuous integration and delivery
- Up-to-date with modern software development
What we are offering
- Competitive and attractive salary
- Paid relocation: flight and 6 weeks accommodation (if needed)
- Support with visa, work permit, bank account and insurance
- Public transport allowance
- Occasional home office opportunity
- Different language courses in the office
- Nice office in the heart of Berlin near Alexanderplatz train station
- MacBook Pro and a 27” screen and everything else you need to get the job done
- Goal oriented working style with great amount of flexibility and freedom
- Great coffee, free drinks, müsli and fruits
- Flat hierarchies, flexible working hours and agile working atmosphere
How to apply
Please send us your application with your salary expectations and earliest possible start date via online form.
What application process can you expect:
After an examination of your documents, we will invite you to a maximum of 3 Google Hangout Calls to check your technical and personal fit.
In some cases, our HR team is checking some details about your application in a previous call with a maximum of 5 minutes.